What is Swift Code or BIC Code?
A SWIFT code means an international bank code that identifies its bank globally. It’s also a synonym of BIC. Swift Code of SBI or any other bank is a set of eight or eleven digits, and their meaning rely on the character of the bank. For an international transaction, we need Swift code for receiving payments from overseas.
We can describe you full process regarding SWIFT Code and how to generate it on your mobile and laptops step by step:
|1) What SWIFT and BIC Stand For?|
2) KEY Features
3) How SWIFT system Works?
4) How to get check swift code of SBI or any bank online?
What SWIFT and BIC Stand For?
SWIFT – Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication
BIC – Bank Identification Code
- It is a member-owned financial system that provides us a safe and secure way for transactions.
- Its payments method allows us to take electronic or card payments even if we are using a different bank that the payee.
- Swift Code is simple code used by the bank for safest, secure and fastest means of international money transaction from one country to another.
How SWIFT system Works?
SWIFT code is between eight to eleven digits.
- The initial four-digit (only letter) described bank codes.
- The next two digits (only letter) for the country
- And again the next two digits (only letter) used for location.
- And the last three-digit that is optional is used for the branch.
For example, swift code of SBI bank in Bangalore city is SBININBB424 that means:
- SBIN is bank code.
- IN stands for country code.
- BB is location code.
- 424 is a branch code.
How to get check swift code of SBI or any bank online?
Now let’s find the easiest way to get your bank swift code online in your devices:
- You will find your bank swift code by clicking on a website –https://bank.codes/swift-code-search/
Select the information completely regarding the country, bank & city where the bank is located in the column that shown in the picture given below for obtaining your bank swift code.
Let’s see an example of Swift code of SBI bank in Bokaro city. After filling complete information regarding country on the first column, bank name on second column & city where the bank is located on the third column we will see the SWIFT Code on the fourth column and by selecting it information regarding SWIFT Code will be generated below the fourth column.
|SWIFT Code Details|
|Bank Name||STATE BANK OF INDIA|
|Address||SECTOR-IV BOKARO STEEL CITY,BOKARO JHARKHAND|
Before using your swift code in any platform kindly check it here conjointly if each area unit same then solely you’ll be able to use it.
- Check here by clicking on a website – https://www.ifscswiftcodes.com/Bank-SWIFT-Codes/
- After that select your country
- One box will appear on your screen like the picture shown below.
Now fill the complete information regarding country name on the first column, bank name on the second column, state name on the third column, city name on the fourth column and branch name on the fifth column.
Let’s check again by this method for obtaining the Swift code of SBI bank in Bokaro city to verify that we get the correct information regarding our subject :
So as shown in the picture above now we have proved that both the result is same and correct.
You can also get your bank swift code by checking on your bank website, searching in your bank statement or you can directly contact to your bank executive regarding your swift code if they are also not able to solve your problem you can directly go to the main branch in your city they will provide you with the correct information regarding your swift code.